How to rebuild tables

From: Kay-Uwe Michaelis <kum(at)kumichaelis(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to rebuild tables
Date: 2002-05-31 05:47:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list,

a few days ago my HD crashed. Unfortunally i have only a copy of the PGDATA-directory, no pg_dump-file. I installed the same postgresql-version (6.3.2) on another system (tested it with some test-db/-tables) and then copied the PGDATA-directory to that computer, but that wan't work. The postmaster start correct but every frontend-command ends with errors (can't find db in pg_database).

What should i do to recover these databases.
Is there a tool to use the old tables in the new database.
Why doen't work postgresql with these PGDATA-directory ?

Sincerely, kuMichaelis.

I I
I Kay-Uwe Michaelis I
I Am Bachableiter 3 I