[chumphries@devis.com: Re: triggers cant see functions]

From: Chris Humphries <chumphries(at)devis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [chumphries@devis.com: Re: triggers cant see functions]
Date: 2002-05-28 18:05:25
Lists: pgsql-general

=On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:45:35AM -0700,
=recieved 0.4K bytes from Stephan Szabo containing this:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Chris Humphries wrote:
>

> > hello all,
> > I dont know if the functions actually work yet,
> > but they create and drop. the triggers break cause it
> > appears that they cant find the functions. attached are
>
> Trigger functions take no arguments but instead get their arguments in a
> special fashion. You've created a log_insert(varchar), but create trigger
> is looking for log_insert().

in the trigger i call log_insert("tablename")

i am passing it a varchar. how do they get their arguments in a
special fashion? this is how i have done triggers before to call
functions that have arguments...