pgstatindex

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgstatindex
Date: 2002-05-25 14:47:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a new contrib function called "pgstatindex", similar to
pgstattuple but different in that it returns the percentage of the
dead tuples of an index. I am posting this for review purpose.

Installation of pgstatindex is pretty easy:

unpack the tar package in contrib directory.
cd into pgstatindex directory.
make
make install
psql -f /usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/pgstatindex.sql your_database

Note:

(1) I think I have adopted to the recent Tom's changes to index access
routines, but if you find anything is wrong, plese let me know.

(2) pgstatindex probably does not work with rtree and gist indexes.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgstatindex.tar.gz application/octet-stream 3.9 KB