Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Barry Pederson <bp(at)barryp(dot)org>
Cc: "David P(dot) Caldwell" <inonit(at)inonit(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rename() vs. link(); building from source
Date: 2002-05-12 14:17:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Barry,

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 11:24:42PM -0500, Barry Pederson wrote:
> IIRC, all you have to do to build (assuming you have all other necessary
> cygwin packages installed - gcc, etc) is cd to the above mentioned
> directory and run: CYGWIN-PATCHES/build.sh 7.2.1 1
>
> (those last 2 params are the version and port number, which the build.sh
> expects as arguments, I don't recall offhand exactly why, but things seemed
> to go smoother later on if I kept the same port number as what the -real-
> cygwin postgresql package was)

The port (i.e. package) number is free to change. It only affects the
"-x" (e.g., "-1") in the tarball names -- that's it.

> When I tried it (to do the unlink/rename change), I tweaked the build.sh
> line 27 to remove --with-perl and --with-python from the configure args.
> Other than that, it built out-of-the-box pretty much as advertised (and the
> recycling transaction logs problem went away in my case).

Did you use the (exact) patch at the end of:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-04/msg00057.php

If so, then please confirm this fact and I will submit this patch to
pgsql-patches for consideration. If not, then please try again with
this (exact) patch. If you are still successful, then I will submit it.

I need this assistance, because I cannot (easily) reproduce this problem
myself.

Thanks,
Jason