Re: hexadecimal values

From: Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general(at)empires(dot)org>
To: Thierry Besancon <Thierry(dot)Besancon(at)paris4(dot)sorbonne(dot)fr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hexadecimal values
Date: 2002-05-02 17:43:08
Lists: pgsql-general

What do you mean you won't know in advance? If not, how do you tell the
difference between 10 hexadecimal (which is 16) and 10 decimal (which is 10)?

Have you considered just having your application convert it first? There may
be a postgresql function to convert it as well, however I couldn't find it
offhand. You could also create your own stored procedure.

Regards,
Jeff