Fast CGI

From: Aaron Spiteri <aaron(at)m1group(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Pgsql-Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fast CGI
Date: 2002-05-02 23:02:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Does any one know a method of creating a persistent connection to
postgresql using PERL DBI::Pg and Apache, I have been experimenting with
CGI::Fast and use compiled Fcgi module into Apache. While all seemed
fine when I checked the connection of postgres using a ps -xa| grep -e
'.*postmaster.*' command what I expected to see was something like
postmaster idle for a persistent but idle connection. However it appeared
has if FCGI ignored the while loop I had created and just executed from
start to end.

The trouble with this is I can not create 'Rollback' (AKA undo) buttons,
coding becomes more expensive and I am suspected to more coding errors do
to unnecessary complexity. Has any one any experience with FCGI and
Postgresql am I writing to the wrong mailing list?

Aaron Spiteri