Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction

From: Bradley McLean <brad(at)bradm(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction
Date: 2002-04-23 16:43:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Bruce Momjian (pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us) [020423 12:30]:

#2, no change in behavior.

But I base that on the assumption that #1 or #3 involve serious amounts
of work, and don't see the big benefit.

I liked the line of thought that was distinguishing between in-band
(rolled back) and out-of-band (honored) SETs, although I don't think
any acceptable syntax was arrived at, and I don't have a suggestion.
If this were solved, I'd vote for '?'.

Hmm. Maybe I do have a suggestion: SET [TRANSACTIONAL] ...
But it might not be very practical.

-Brad