Re: Problems building 7.2.1 RPMs

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Paulo Jan <admin(at)mail(dot)ddnet(dot)es>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems building 7.2.1 RPMs
Date: 2002-04-10 02:00:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 09:40 am, Paulo Jan wrote:
> I'm having problems building binary RPMs for PostgresSQL 7.2.1 from
> source. First of all, the circunstances:

> -I am using Red Hat Linux 6.2.
> -I have updated the required system libraries, utilities, etc. needed
> to compile 7.2.1 (patch and readline).
> -I am using the SRPM that I found in Red Hat Rawhide
> (ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/rawhide/1.0/SRPMS/SRPMS/postgresql-7.2.1-3.src.rpm

Ok, realize that rawhide RPM's are built on, well, a decidedly non-6.2 box.
7.2 or better, more likely.

> And now, the problem: after compiling everything, when trying to
> generate the RPMS it says: "File not found:
> /var/tmp/postgresql-7.2.1-root/usr/lib/libpgtcl.a".

> I have TCL installed (but not Tk), and with the above configuration
> (updated readline and patch, removed gettext, etc.) I was able to create
> binary RPMs of Postgres 7.2 using the official SRPM.

Diff the older 7.2 spec against the rawhide spec and see what changed (quite a
bit changed, BTW). Installing tk might help, though -- but, if you haven't X
installed, then, well, that's a whole 'nother issue.

> What can I do? Any ideas? If you need more information, don't hesitate
> to ask.

Ok, do this for me (and e-mail the result directly to me, and not to the
list): rpm-command-from-above 2>&1 >build.log &
tail -f build.log

(so you can watch it).

Then e-mail me build.log.

Oh, and I'm working on more backwards-compatible 7.2.1 RPMs -- I've been on
vacation (to recover from working during another vacation that I took to
recover from the hardest 4 months I've had at work). But it's time for me to
get back into this saddle. Sorry for the delay.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio