Re: System Table Query

From: John Bell <jbellpostgres(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: System Table Query
Date: 2002-03-08 06:31:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Stephan. I've found the relevant pg_proc
entries now and am able to proceed. Are there any
ancillary sources of information on the system tables
(other than the source, which is a bit too easy to get
lost in!) over and above what comes in the standard
documentation, which I find bit thin in this area for
my purposes?

Regards,
John Bell

--- Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
wrote: >
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-1] John Bell wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me where the ON DELETE <action>
> and ON
> > UPDATE <action> rules for foreign keys are stored
> in
> > the system tables. I would have expected to find
> them
> > in one of the relevent pg_trigger entries (ie. one
> > with a tgtype of 9, 17 or 21). However there is
> no
> > difference in these entries regardless of the
> value of
> > <action>. I have also scoured other system tables
> > no avail.
>
> It's based on the function called by the trigger
> (tgfoid).

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.