Re: PHP ODBC conflict

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP ODBC conflict
Date: 2002-03-01 14:04:40
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

Le Vendredi 1 Mars 2002 14:28, Gary Stainburn a écrit :
> Unfortunately, a side effect is that the PHP loses it's connection and
> returns a 'not valid handle' error message.

PostgreSQL odbc works perfectly. We cannot garantee PHP odbc interface works
as well... But there is a solution :

PHP supports native connexions to PostgreSQL which is the recommended way.
Most users choose native connexions from PHP because they :
- are better supported,
- have better performance.

If you would like to connect to various databases using PHP, choose an
abstraction layer. There are many available for PHP : ADODB (ADO port under
PHP), PEARDB (http://pear.php.net) available from PHP cvs, etc...

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE