Re: Large Objects

From: "postgresql" <pgsql(at)symcom(dot)com>
To: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large Objects
Date: 2002-02-27 21:07:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ray,

A large object is simply a large amount of data. Like a tif file or any
other data that you would like to store. Personally, I would not store a
large object in the database. Instead, use the locale hard disk and refer
to the path to the object. Your front end would receive the path and
request the OS for the file.

ted