Re: Finding matching columns from two tables

From: Masaru Sugawara <rk73(at)echna(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: Richard Emberson <emberson(at)phc(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding matching columns from two tables
Date: 2002-02-23 08:41:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:34:59 -0800
Richard Emberson <emberson(at)phc(dot)net> wrote:

> Below can be included in a psql via the \i command.

I have lost sight of this mail -- especially detailed explanation annotated
on it. Judging from these examples, my previous queries wouldn't work correctly.
Anyway I have made several modifications on them.

select org2.group_set_id
from (select org0.group_id, org0.group_set_id
from organizations as org0
where exists
(select mem0.group_id
from membership as mem0
where org0.group_id = mem0.group_id
and mem0.user_id = <<input parameter>>
)
and not exists
(select org1.group_id, org1.group_set_id
from organizations as org1
where not exists
(select mem1.group_id
from membership as mem1
where org1.group_id = mem1.group_id
and mem1.user_id = <<input parameter>>
)
and org0.group_set_id = org1.group_set_id
)
) as org2
group by org2.group_set_id
;