Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL

From: Michael Devogelaere <michael(at)digibel(dot)be>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date: 2002-01-25 09:20:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello again,

I've rerun the tests and got:
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally
and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate
your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Nothing showed up in the logs however. This time i aborted the test after the
first errormessages and could reconnect to the database ! I don't know if this
has to do with the number of <defunct> postmasters: there only showed up 2 now
and not a few screens as in the first crash. When typing 'ps aux' a few minutes
later they were all gone !

Kind regards,
Michael Devogelaere.