Re: 7.1.4

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 7.1.4
Date: 2002-01-24 18:47:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Denis Perchine wrote:

> This is nice. But I hope that you are agree that it is not a good idea
> to switch production system to RC1 version. A bug I mentioned is a real
> problem. Is it possible that it will be addressed? I could do this
> myself, but as far as I remember the fix was done by you, and was quite
> large.

Actually, I'm running a couple of production databases on a v7.2beta ...
one of them is quite heavily pounded to, as its used for logging and stats
for a FreeBSD Firewall bridging between the Internet and a B-Class network
... hasn't failed me yet, and its been in production since before Xmas
due to the "VACUUM doesn't lock tables" addition ...