importing data from Filemaker: weird newline characters

From: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: importing data from Filemaker: weird newline characters
Date: 2002-01-21 16:41:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

After importing a table from Filemaker 5.5 (via COPY from a csv file),
I've got newline characters from text fields in the original Filemaker
db which appear as ^K, or control-K on the console in psql or vi. I am
wondering how to deal with those. How do I find out what it is? Are
there standards as to how to represent newlines etc. in text fields in
SQL databases?

Thanks, Frank