Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL for Windows, without Cygwin

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL for Windows, without Cygwin
Date: 2001-12-26 14:45:14
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-general

Le Mercredi 26 Décembre 2001 15:23, vous avez écrit :
> Does anyone know some project/url about Windows porting of PostgreSQL,
> without Cygwin? I found a group that say they'd compiled a Windows release
> from original source code, but once their release isn't free, I would like
> to know if there are some free/GPL working on the net.

There is no native PostgreSQL for Windows available to date and will never be
(according to the Hacker list). One way or another, you need Cygwin installed.

It is theoriticaly possibility to link Cygwin statictly during PostgreSQL
compilation under Windows. This has been done before with other Cygwin
products. Unfortunately, this was never done with PostgreSQL.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE