Functions like: GetNextRecord . .

From: Philip Rhoades <pri(at)chu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Functions like: GetNextRecord . .
Date: 2001-12-12 17:54:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

We are changing our CodeBase (DBF) tables to Postgres but we have to
keep our character based, C apps for the time being. To reduce the
amount of code conversion we need to have functions like:

GetRecord
GetNextRecord
GetPrevRecord
GetTopRecord
GetBottomRecord

- the information for the record is in a C struct and this is
passed to the appropriate function.

Just about all the apps need this sort of thing to be able to iterate
through the records from a particular point in the table - is there
some way of doing this with PG?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Mobile: +61:0411-185-652
Fax: +61:2:8923-5363
E-mail: pri(at)chu(dot)com(dot)au -- Please note new address!!