Re: Primary Key Problems

From: Phill Kenoyer <pgsql(at)c0de(dot)net>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Primary Key Problems
Date: 2001-12-08 04:06:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

I took your advice and checked the string size using char_length() and
octet_length(). They are the same.

octet_length | stock | octet_length | inventory_type | client_id
5 | 10725 | 4 | used | 60
5 | 10725 | 4 | used | 60

I do a daily pg_dump of the database and the scheme I posted was from
that. So the primary key is still active.

I just dont understand how I can have dups in the primary keys, unless
it is a bug.

|On 011207 18:51
|Ian Barwick (barwick(at)gmx(dot)net) wrote the following...
|Are the duplicated values in "stock" and "inventory_type"
|genuinely identical? As they are both VARCHARs they could
|contain differing amounts of trailing spaces or other
|'invisible' characters which would not be obvious from the

--
Reason: Did you pay the new Support Fee?
_ | _