Bug #509: read error on Win32 depending on network

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #509: read error on Win32 depending on network
Date: 2001-11-05 14:28:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Georg-Wilhelm Causin (Georg-Wilhelm(dot)Causin(at)solvay(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
read error on Win32 depending on network

Long Description
When executing a query with a larger response, I sometimes (not reproducable) get an error message:
pqReadData() -- read() failed: errno=0
No error.

With Debugger help I found the line 463 of fe-misc.c.
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on WinNT with (or without) SSL.

It seems to depend on the type or speed or anything else of the network.
With ISDN (German digital telephone) it occurs almost every time.
With a routed DSL network I found stable behaviour for weeks but sometine there it happens.

I hope you have a fix.

Thanx Georg.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report