Re: Disable Transaction - plans ?

From: "Dr(dot) Evil" <drevil(at)sidereal(dot)kz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Disable Transaction - plans ?
Date: 2001-10-24 22:46:10
Lists: pgsql-general

> > If the developers think that the speed increase is irrelevant then lets drop
> > the issue :)
>
> No problem. We will be happy to entertain patches or demonstrations that
> show a clear benefit in speed for the changes you suggest.

Speed and memory efficiency used to be big issues, but I think now
fast hardware is so absurdly cheap that things like stability and
other features are more important than speed. I think that's why
people are doing a lot of server stuff in java. It's definitely slow,
but it's also more solid and lets you develop more flexibly, and
that's more important than speed.