Re: Diferent databases on same query...

From: "Troy" <tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com>
To: a_schnabel(at)t-online(dot)de (Andre Schnabel)
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Diferent databases on same query...
Date: 2001-10-23 15:03:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

Just my two cents on the issue:

A good reason would be having several databases which
each use the same set of tables which contain some information
which takes a lot of storage, such as dictionaries or map
information. You wouldn't want to maintain several copies
of 500 Mb tables, especially if they get updated frequently.

The workaround, for now, is to have a table just for the
foreign keys for the different systems, and to query the
shared database separately from within your programming
environment.

Troy