loggin

From: "culley" <culley(at)easystreet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: loggin
Date: 2001-10-15 14:22:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I compiled postgres with the --with-syslog option. Will this logging
happen when you do not otherwise specify a log location at startup? I
couldn't find any logging happening in /var/log/messages. Is this where
it happens?

I'm also wondering about the significance of specifying a pid location in
the startup script. Why do you do this? I haven't been and the only
problem I have seend is pg_ctl can't find the pid and I have to use the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql to start/stop (using red hat)

Culley

  • Re: loggin at 2001-10-15 16:08:40 from Vivek Khera