Re: TOAST and TEXT

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Bitmead <chris(at)bitmead(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: TOAST and TEXT
Date: 2001-10-13 03:38:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> BTW, the postgres docs web pages says there is "no limitation" on row
> size. Someone should probably update that with the info given in the
> last few emails and probably integrate it in the regular doco as well.

Although the field length is limited to 1GB, is there a row size limit?
I don't know of one. The FAQ does say below the list:

Of course, these are not actually unlimited, but limited to
available disk space and memory/swap space. Performance may suffer
when these values get unusually large.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us