Re: CVS changes

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: John Summerfield <pgtest(at)os2(dot)ami(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-04 16:08:07
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, John Summerfield wrote:

> > Script attached. I could poll cvs more frequently but it seems rude to
> > hit the cvs server more frequently than every 15 minutes. If people
> > want it polled more frequently, and Marc doesn't mind, I can change the
> > polling interval here.
> >
> > Also, I added something that will show the files modified in the current
> > build.
>

> I'm not vary familiar with the administration of CVS - if it has a means to
> run a script when something's updated, maybe you could flag the need to rebuild
> automatically.

It has that ability, but only on the server itself ... bruce has taken it
upon himself to do this on his own machine, while the base problem is
worked on, which is moving everything over to the new server ...

Its had its hiccups, but considering we really haven't moved anything
anywhere in >5 years now, and considering we are not in beta yet, we've
done a decent job of getting problems fixed as soon as they've been
reported ...