Re: Re: Escape Processing problems

From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: Rene Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Escape Processing problems
Date: 2001-09-02 01:57:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 11:02:47PM +0200, Rene Pijlman wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:46:16 +0900, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
> >I found some time this morning to write and test a new EscapeSQL()
> >method. I didn't make a patch for the driver yet as I'd like to
> >hear some comments.
>
> To what extent is this implementation JDBC compliant?
>
> The spec is in section 40.1.5 of the "JDBC API Tutorial and
> Reference", 2nd edition. Its also documented on
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/spec/jdbc-spec.frame11.html#7105.

I think it is as compliant as what's in the current driver. It just
solves the corruption problem with some strings containing {d. If you
want to support {t and {ts then that should also be easily added. As
for supporting the other escapes sequences mentioned in section 11, I'm
not familar with the usage enough to comment on how it should be implemented.

My interest in patching this method is to solve the current data
corruption problems that I'm getting with the current implementation.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom(at)nooper(dot)com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs