Error in trying to dump any database

From: Martin Weinberg <weinberg(at)osprey(dot)astro(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error in trying to dump any database
Date: 2001-08-31 01:10:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a 7.1.2 system which gives the following error on any pg_dump:

DumpComment: SELECT failed: 'ERROR: dtoi4: integer out of range
'.

This happens with any database. E.g. I made a very tiny database
with a single table and two records and the same error and message
is obtained.

As far as I can tell, all of the data is intact, queries work, etc.
Any ideas?

--Martin