Re: Problems with UPDATE

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Evan Zane Macosko <macosko(at)fas(dot)harvard(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with UPDATE
Date: 2001-08-20 20:25:05
Lists: pgsql-general

If orf is not associated with a primary key or unique
index, the possible combinations might well exceed
14,000. For example, if 3 records in yeast1 and 4
records in temp share the same orf value, the query
will update yeast1 12 times (i.e. the 3 yeast1 records
will be updated 4 times each).

Can you clarify (for the server or for us) the
relationship between the tables? What primary keys or
indexes do these tables have?

Andrew