Re: [Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions??? ]

From: <rocael(at)usa(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions??? ]
Date: 2001-08-03 18:19:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks Tom,
the answer was 744, I did 755 for because in that way the root user can work
with the driver for the aolserver that looks for libpq.so.2, so now I did 744
-R in pgsql/ and 755 -R in pgsql/lib/

bye,
Rocael.

<rocael(at)usa(dot)net> writes:
> FATAL 1: configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions

> One thing to note is that before I rebooted linux I did this:
> chmod 755 -R /usr/local/pgsql

That was a bad idea. 700 is the most permission you should have on the
/usr/local/pgsql/data directory. I am not sure why the code is so picky
about postgresql.conf and not about the data directory as a whole ---
but it will refuse to start up if postgresql.conf has more than 744
permissions.