Re: Re: Returned mail: User unknown

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Returned mail: User unknown
Date: 2001-07-31 13:23:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> > Is it just me or is an address on the hackers list who's mail is handled
> > by wmail.metro.taejon.kr not existant?
>
> I've had to institute a sendmail access block against that site :-(
> It bounces a useless complaint for every damn posting I make. What's
> worse is that it looks like it's trying to deliver extra copies to
> the people named in the To:/CC: lines --- if it somehow fails to fail
> to deliver those copies, it's spamming.
>
> Yo Marc, are you awake? These losers should be blocked from our lists
> permanently (or at least till they install less-broken mail software).

I already reported it to him yesterday. I have blocked them via
sendmail here too, and sent mail to their postmaster.

The strange part of it is that these emails arrives in my mailbox marked
as "already read" which is kind of errie. I see the new mail, but it
says I already read it.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us