Re: indexes and big tables

From: Robert Vojta <vojta(at)ipex(dot)cz>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: indexes and big tables
Date: 2001-07-28 10:49:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is there any possibility of overlapping rows between the parts of the
> union? If not, I'd suggest union all, since that might get rid of the top
> level unique and sort steps (probably not a huge gain, but might help).

Hi,
thanx for the response, there is a little possibility of overlapping rows.
But, I removed date_part function and it use index now. It's too slow, so
I move all needed data into graphs_5m table and it works fine now, previous
time for graphs drawing was ~30-60seconds, today it's ~3-5 seconds. Thanx.

Best regards,
Robert

--
_
|-| __ Robert Vojta <vojta-at-ipex.cz> -= Oo.oO =-