Re: libpq.dll (resend)

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Micha? Pasternak <doc(at)lublin(dot)t1(dot)pl>
Cc: Pgsql-Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq.dll (resend)
Date: 2001-07-27 17:56:08
Lists: pgsql-patches

Michal,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:38:18PM +0200, Micha? Pasternak wrote:
> I've already received your mail. Belive me, mailservers are really patient
> :) I'm sometimes shutting down my unix box at home when it rains hard (so it
> won't be struck by lightning or something like that) for about 10 - 12 hours,
> and I receive all mail people send me.

I know. The only reason that I resent the email is that the office with
the mail server was just closed (due to downsizing). Hence, I could not
be sure that the message was actually sent. Sorry for the dup.

Cygwin (www.cygwin.com) is fantastic and has a lots of documentation.

> You should give MinGW a big try. WxWindows (www.wxwindows.org) compile on
> MinGW without any problems, even on FreeBSD :)

You should give Cygwin a big try -- you may not even need FreeBSD
anymore. Just joking! :,)

If you succeed, please submit a proper patch (unlike the one that
Christof posted) to the following mailing list:

pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org

I'm sure that others would like a Mingw libpq.dll too.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235