pltcl - lastoid

From: bob(at)redivi(dot)com
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pltcl - lastoid
Date: 2001-07-27 02:31:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I noticed that pltcl didn't have any way to get to SPI_lastoid like plpgsql does.. I started using pltcl a lot because I like to decide when and how my queries get planned.. so I put one together really quick

Sorry I don't have the original around to make a quick diff, but its a very small change... I think this should be in the next release, there's no reason not to have it.

its a function with no expected arguments, so you can use it like:
spi_exec "INSERT INTO mytable(columns...) VALUES(values..)"
set oid [spi_lastoid]
spi_exec "SELECT mytable_id from mytable WHERE oid=$oid"

It just didn't make sense for me to use plpgsql and pltcl, or just screw them both and use SPI from C

these changes are for src/pl/tcl/pltcl.c

/* start C code */

/* forward declaration */
static int pltcl_SPI_lastoid(ClientData cdata, Tcl_Interp *interp,
int argc, char *argv[]);

/* this needs to go in in pltcl_init_interp with the rest of 'em */
Tcl_CreateCommand(interp, "spi_lastoid",
pltcl_SPI_lastoid, NULL, NULL);

/**********************************************************************
* pltcl_SPI_lastoid() - return the last oid. To
* be used after insert queries
**********************************************************************/
static int
pltcl_SPI_lastoid(ClientData cdata, Tcl_Interp *interp,
int argc, char *argv[])
{
char buf[64];
sprintf(buf,"%d",SPI_lastoid);
Tcl_SetResult(interp, buf, TCL_VOLATILE);
return TCL_OK;
}

/* end C code */

-bob