Re: Postgresql & Redhat 6.2 = memory leak?

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
To: mike(at)mwcs(dot)mb(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql & Redhat 6.2 = memory leak?
Date: 2001-07-27 17:15:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 09:11:52AM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:

> I am running postgresql 7.1.2 on Redhat 6.2 with 387 megs of memory. After
> running a vacuum analyze or loading postgresql with 50 megs of data. The
> memory drops down to only a couple of megs. After stopping postgresql the
> memory does not return. Has anyone had this problem before?

I would not consider this a problem.
You have not really given enough detail to determine what exactly the
situation is. It seems that your operating system is simply caching the
filesystem data. I wouldn't be concerned about this unless you are
recieving out-of-memory errors from applications.

Just for giggles, what OS are you using?

> thanx..
>
> Mike

gh
--
What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)