Re: Large queries - again...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Steve Howe <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large queries - again...
Date: 2001-07-21 04:39:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I just applied a patch to add the final fixes to Win32 libpq.
Please try the CVS or later snapshot to see how it works. The patch
suggested adding

#define snprintf _snprintf

to win32.h and I have done that. There was already one there for
vsnprintf. I am quite confused about the elog() mention. I don't see
where we added a call to elog() in the past day. I only see two
mentions of elog in the code, both it dllist.c. They don't use elog()
if you define FRONTEND. Please do -DFRONTEND on the compile line. I
think this will give you a good library binary.

Let us know how the new code works. The most recent patch I just
applied was tested by a user and it worked well for him. Nice to have
this resolved. I can mark this TODO item as done:

* -Fix libpq to properly handle socket failures under native MS
Win32 [libpq]

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us