Converting PL/SQL to PL/PGSQL

From: Klaus Reger <K(dot)Reger(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Converting PL/SQL to PL/PGSQL
Date: 2001-05-10 13:33:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all!

I have to convert functions and procedures from Oracle to PostgreSQL. I
looked at all the stuff of the Pg-Homepage and I ask me if there are any
tools, that support the conversion.

Writing PS/PGSQL tools seems to be a bit hard, because of the existing
tool-infrastructure on linux. Are there are tools I have overseen?

I have implemented the following tools for my use yet:

- A WWWdb-Application for editing and testing of SQL-Procedures over a
WEB-frontend
- A perl-script, that does basic conversions between PL/SQL <-> XML <->
PL/PGSQL (The Procedure-definition is converted completely, the code-block
a little bit)

Who else is working in this area? Any tips?

Regards, Klaus