Re: Trusted plperl

From: Christopher Masto <chris+pg-general(at)netmonger(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trusted plperl
Date: 2001-04-23 16:27:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:42:24PM -0400, msteele(at)inet-interactif(dot)com wrote:
> Has anyone managed to compile a trusted plperl interpreter
> into postgres? The Opcode stuff which blocks the use of
> external modules, and 99% of perl's built-in operators
> really bugs me :(

Unfortunately, without support for actually talking to the database
(doing queries, etc.), plperl is not that useful for us. I did once
wish I could have used it for a wrapper around Date::Manip, but then
realized the subset of functionality I actually needed was available
without it.
--
Christopher Masto Senior Network Monkey NetMonger Communications
chris(at)netmonger(dot)net info(at)netmonger(dot)net http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/