Re: Debian Package problems

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Stan Brown <stanb(at)awod(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian Package problems
Date: 2001-04-13 15:50:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 11:38:18AM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

> I don;t have a clue. But I also am having fits with the Debian package for
> "stable" It installs fine, and then I su to postgres. At that point in time
> psql will connect, but createuser fails :-(
>
> I would be interested in what yu find out.

I changed /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf so that local users are "trust"
again (instead of password).
You are looking for this line (already changed):

local all trust

That's probably not the safest way, but now that I can do something
(because postgres can actually talk to the DB), I will change it back to
password.

> Windows 98: n.
> useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit extensions and
> a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
> originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit
> company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.

:) Remarkably accurate!

-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+