passing parameters between forms

From: Sharmad Naik <sharmad(at)im(dot)eth(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: passing parameters between forms
Date: 2001-04-02 07:22:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I have created a database with following structure

CREATE TABLE member(
mem_id INT,
name TEXT,
age INT);

the first page is as follows :
<!-- search1.html -->
<HTML>
<BODY>
<H1> This is the first page </H1>
<FORM ACTION=search2.php>
Member ID :
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="mem_id">
Member NAME :
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="name">
Member AGE :
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="age">

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Enter">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The second page that is search 2.php is as follows :

<!-- search2.php -->
<HTML>
<BODY>
<H1>This is the Displaying page</H1>
<?php
if(mem_id)
{
echo("<FORM ACTION=search3.php>");
echo("$mem_id<BR>");
echo("$name<BR>");
echo("$age<BR>");
echo("<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE=Enter NAME=Enter>");
// require("search3.php");
// series($mem_id,$name,$age);
echo("</FORM>");
}
else{ echo("<H2>Inconvient data</H2>");}
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This is search3.php

<?php
function series($mem_id,$name,$age)
{
echo("$mem_id");
echo("$name");
echo("$age");
}

series($mem_id,$name,$age);

?>

In my search3.php I want to insert (which i have not given) or atleast echo the parameter like mem_id, age and name.My Q
+is how do i pass the parameters between search2.php and search3.php.If there is another way out pls tell.
I tried using functions to get the work done.but couldn't get my way out.

Can anybody help me?

Sharmad

--
The secret of the universe is @*&í!'ñ^#+ NO CARRIER