Re: Re: Patch application

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Patch application
Date: 2001-03-20 22:14:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc pgsql-odbc

OK, seems there have been enough objections that I will not implement a
"experts" page, nor change the way patches are applied.

I will be posting a diff -c of any patches I have to munge into place,
so people can see how stuff was merged into the code.

It seems the problem of people having to massage patches after they are
applied is either not a big deal, or the other ways of applying patches
are considered worse.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us