/contrib 'cosmetic'

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: /contrib 'cosmetic'
Date: 2001-03-19 10:38:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

after long time I see the /contrib tree and I have I small notes.

- (IMHO) is good evidently that all executable programs stored here use
prefix 'pg_', but with the exception:

vacuumlo
pgbench (instead pg_bench)
oid2name
ipc_check
fti[.pl]
findoidjoins

What rename it? After 7.1 output it will late, bacause users integrate
these stuffs to their programs/scripts.

- everything in the contrib tree has 'uninstall', with the
exception contrib/rserv

- every "WANTED_DIRS" has Makefile and is possible install it,
What contrib/start-scripts, contrib/tools and contrib/retep are?

I mean user after 'make install' look at $(libdir)/contrib and not
walk in sources and search what is/isn't installed...

In future ... please ignore patches those ignore the /contrib's practice
-- the trouble is overhaul the contrib tree during each version.

Thanks
Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>