Re: Concurrency supported?

From: Ingo Luetkebohle <ingo(at)blank(dot)pages(dot)de>
To: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Concurrency supported?
Date: 2001-03-02 13:32:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 08:03:29PM +0000, Peter Mount wrote:
> They have to wait as there is only one physical network connection. To get
> round this, you need to use a Connection pool.

After the information I got here, I arrived at that, too. However,
explicitly releasing a resource (as is necessary to put a Connection
back into the pool) is not something the Java designers meant to
happen. This becomes painfully obvious when looking at JavaServer
Pages where you don't have a 'finally' block built into the system.

OTOH, I might be missing something obvious. In any case, using a pool
works so I'm not really complaining :)

--
Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo(at)blank(dot)pages(dot)de / 95428014
/