Re: Correct behaviour of "DROP DATABASE"

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
To: Ben Leslie <benno(at)sesgroup(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Correct behaviour of "DROP DATABASE"
Date: 2001-02-27 01:47:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:11:02PM +1100, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering what the expected behaviour of "DROP DATABASE" was.
>
> Basically the problem i have is that when I drop a database it seems
> to drop only some of the associated tables.
>
> The tables that it fails to drop are ones with mixed case names.

How are you seeing that?
After creating a database and a mixed-case-named table and dropping the
table, I am unable to connect to the (presumably `drop`ped) database.

> Is this expected?

It is certainly not what I would expect, and I cannot imagine it being
designed that way.

Somebody who actually knows what's going on...?

Cheers,
Dan