Re: Problem with ps under Win Nt 4

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
To: Gonzalo Martinez <Gonzalo(dot)Martinez(at)unilever(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with ps under Win Nt 4
Date: 2001-02-26 02:10:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 02:04:07PM -0300, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to have Ps 7.0 working under Nt4, I downloaded the binary files and
> the necesary cygwin1.dll.
>
> The problem is that when I execute postgres (the PGDATA var is se properly, at
> least I think so) I get this lines
>
> "
> DEBUG: Data Base System is starting up at Mon Feb 19 13:59:52 2001
> DEBUG: Data Base System was interrupted being in production at Mon Feb 19
> 13:57:47 2001
> DEBUG: Data Base System is in production state at Mon Feb 19 13:59:52 2001
> FATAL 1: Version number in file 'e:\data\all users\pgsql\data/PG_VERSION'
> should be 7.0, not 7.0
> FATAL 1: Version number in file 'e:\data\all users\pgsql\data/PG_VERSION'
> should be 7.0, not 7.0
> "
>
> I chequed the fil PG_VERSION and it says 7.0, by the way what's the sense of
> "...should be 7.0, not 7.0..."
>

> Any idea, what the problem could be ??

I would make the wild guess that there could be simply a linefeed
(i.e. \n) rather than a crlf (i.e. \r\n) or vice versa.

You should note that I am not familiar with running PostgreSQL on Windows
or with the source code, therefore my guess is quite simply a guess.

You could try re-entering the data in that file (so as to get a crlf
tacked onto the end of the line), which would be quite useless if this is
not the issue.

Cheers,
gh