Pooling Connections with libpq

From: Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill(at)sourcegear(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pooling Connections with libpq
Date: 2001-02-22 22:32:57
Lists: pgsql-general

In my application, I'm doing my own pooling of connections to PostgreSQL
for sharing between threads. I'm using libpq for all database access.
Only one thread at a time can use a connection.

Besides freeing all query results, do I have to do anything else to ensure
my application (through libpq) and the backends don't leak RAM after long
periods of use? I'm not using temporary tables, I'm only doing SELECTs on
these connections, reading, and then freeing the results.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill(at)sourcegear(dot)com>
SourceGear Corporation