Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!

From: newsreader(at)mediaone(dot)net
To: John Madden <weez(at)freelists(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBD::Pg is suddenly acting up!
Date: 2001-02-22 00:14:51
Lists: pgsql-general

No.. it was originally installed with /home
on this brand spanking new box and /usr/local
directory does not exist before

The thing is that my two web servers are run
under two other user ids and only under
web server environment these scripts were dying.

I cooked up a test script which runs fine
from the command line run under the id of
the owner of pgsql. The same test
script failed under web servers. It
was working before... but I was messing around
with permission on the home directories and
somewhere along the line things got too restrict
Only later in the day when I check logs I
realise that things were wrong.

BTW I wish later distributions will come
with better start and stop scripts.

pg_ctl is completely not working for me. I do

$ pg_ctl -o "-F -S 2048" start
and it keeps telling me I'm not doing it right.