Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: Sascha Schumann <sascha(at)schumann(dot)cx>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mitch Vincent <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5
Date: 2001-02-19 13:23:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Sascha Schumann <sascha(at)schumann(dot)cx> [010219 01:37]:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
> > * Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> [010218 22:25]:
> > > Just shoot it over to the PHP folks. Seems they are already on top if
> > > it. I don't want to work around their normal system unless necessary.
> > Their stuff seems to sit forever. I put it in the BugDB.
>
> The problem here is that we don't plan to release 4.0.5
> during the next month. I don't know the exact timeframe for
> the release of PostgreSQL 7.0.1, but regular releases of
> PostgreSQL/PHP won't compile together for at least some time.
> That is rather frustating for the end-user and will delay the
> adoption of the new PostgreSQL release.
I don't believe you will break if that patch is applied now.

I don't have a 7.0 handy to compile against, but I can pull one
if necessary.

I believe it was an error for PHP to #include <postgres.h> at all.

Comments from other -hackers?

> > I have a couple of other UnixWare issues that have sort of
> > languished...
>
> I found one report which is related to UnixWare's broken
> system libraries (#8441). I'll look into working around that
> later. If there are others, please point me into their
> direction.
That's the one I was refering to. I submitted it when 4.0.4 came out,
and it didn't even draw a comment till now.... Thanks!

(The other one was the libtool patch which Rasmus did commit).

LER

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org