CORBA?

From: Georges Martin <georges(dot)martin(at)pi(dot)be>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: JP Sugarbroad <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
Subject: CORBA?
Date: 2001-02-08 10:24:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/02/01 at 18:05, JP Sugarbroad <taral(at)taral(dot)net> wrote:

> Well... still no CORBA? I thought someone would pick it up... then
> again, I haven't seen that many people using it. JDBC seems to be more
> popular...
>
> P.S. Cc: me, I'm not on the list.
>
> --
> Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
> Please use PGP/GPG to send me mail.
> "Never ascribe to malice what can as easily be put down to stupidity."

>From the 4Suite Readme at <http://services.4Suite.org/documents/4Suite/README> :

4ODS (Object Database System) is an Object Database Management Group
(ODMG) 3.0 standard object database management system for Python.
4ODS supports the Object Definition Language (ODL) with the
exception of a few types, and operations. A small subset of the
Object Query Language (OQL) is also supported. Most of the Object
Interchange Format (OIF) is supported.

The actual data storage is performed by a driver. The default driver
> is for the PostgresQL database. There is also a beta Oracle driver,
and a beta AnyDbm Driver. [cut]

I've not yet seen this one mentioned on PostgreSQL lists...

Georges Martin
--
Georges Martin <mailto:georges(dot)martin(at)pi(dot)be>

  • Re: CORBA? at 2001-02-17 10:22:18 from Peter Mount