JDBC connection failure

From: Culley Harrelson <culleyharrelson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC connection failure
Date: 2001-01-27 15:28:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to establish a jdbc
connection to postgresql. The error I recieve is:

unable to load class postgresql.Driver

I can however import org.postgresql.util.* without
generating an error through tomcat when I put the
postgresql.jar directly in the /usr/local/tomcat/lib
folder.

Also does it matter what the name of the jar file is?
All the documentation refers to postgresql.jar and the
current download is jdbc7.0-1.2.jar. I'm assuming it
does not :)

Culley