Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database

From: Radoslaw Stachowiak <radek(at)alter(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database
Date: 2001-01-10 17:33:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

*** Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> [Tuesday, 09.January.2001, 18:50 +0100]:
> > This is one of the features of PgSQL that I do not
> > like. It is much nicer to type:
> > "grant all on database.table to ....."
> > And I asked the developers to do that but they did not
> > take it very seriously.
>
> The problem with this approach is that if you do "revoke all on database
> from all" you have hosed your system. Text files allow recovery in these
> situations.

thats completly wrong :) look at the whole UNIX dir permissions topic.
Using postgres super user, there is NO check on permission (or at least
there should not be).

--
radoslaw.stachowiak.........................................http://alter.pl/