Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: "Andrew W(dot) Nosenko" <awn(at)bcs(dot)zp(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: 2000-12-29 01:21:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
: Peter Eisentraut wrote:
: : Mike Castle writes:
: :
: : > Speaking of administrative nightmares, did I read correctly that 7.1
: : > now users -R by default when linking? Ack! Doesn't that make it nearly
: : > impossible for an administrator to move libraries around as necessary?
: :
: : If you move files to a place that is different from the one they are
: ^^^^^
: : supposed to be in you're going to have more severe problems than this one.
: : This is not only true for PostgreSQL.
:
: As I understand Mike speak not about files in general but about
: libraries (and possible have in mind executables too). And hardcoded
: patch to libraries is nightmare, IMO.
^^^^^ typo, path of course.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko (awn(at)bcs(dot)zp(dot)ua)